Deputy County Counsel
Sam Cretcher joined the Office of the County Counsel in 2020 and is a member of the Office’s Labor & Employment Team, Equal Opportunity & Employment Investigations Team, and Health & Hospitals Team.
Sam advises the County of Santa Clara Health System and other County departments in many aspects of labor and employment law, including labor negotiations, workplace investigations, and reasonable accommodations. He represents County departments in matters before various administrative agencies, such as the California Public Employment Relations Board, California Labor Commissioner’s Office, California Civil Rights Department, and U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
In his spare time, Sam enjoys spending time with his fiancé and riding his bikes on the roads and trails of scenic Northern California.
Office practice areas
- Labor & Employment Team
- Equal Opportunity and Employment Investigations Team
- Health and Hospitals Team
- University of California, Irvine School of Law, J.D., 2016
- U.C. Irvine Law Review
- Peggy Browning Fellow
- University of California, Irvine, B.A., 2012
- Staff Attorney at the National Labor Relations Board, Office of the General Counsel (2016-2020)