Lead Deputy County Counsel
Aaron Voit joined the Office of the County Counsel in 2021. Aaron leads the Human Services Team that advises the Office of Supportive Housing and the Social Services Agency on program development, evaluation, and service delivery relating to supportive housing, public benefits, child welfare services, and adult and aging services. Aaron is also a member of the Health and Hospitals Team, where he advises the County of Santa Clara Health System on healthcare access, data privacy, and contracting.
Before joining the Office, Aaron was the Medical-Legal Partnership Managing Attorney at California Rural Legal Assistance, Inc., where he oversaw the provision of free legal services to rural, low-income patients at Federally Qualified Health Centers. Prior to law school, Aaron served as a community organizer and policy advocate at nonprofit organizations focused on sustainable community development and environmental stewardship. Aaron’s professional expertise includes healthcare law, public benefits law, and administrative advocacy.
Office practice areas
- Human Services Team
- Health and Hospitals Team
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, J.D., 2017
- Public Interest and Social Justice Certificate
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A., 2012
- High Honors
- Medical-Legal Partnership Managing Attorney (previously Equal Justice Works Fellow) at California Rural Legal Assistance, Inc. (2017-2021)